Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Melissa Bag

This cute bag is the Melissa Bag made from a pattern by I Think Sew.

I actually pulled out my stamps (from paper crafting)  and stamped on fabric.  The stamps are from Paper Trey Ink.  


I just finished stamping the flower and I was holding up the ruffle fabric to get an idea of how it would look when I got the idea to have alternating polka dot ruffles.  That's how I ended up cutting out and making two bags.  Why not....right? 

I guessed-from examining the pictures-that the handle was going to be too short.  I added a few inches.  Next time I think I'll add a few more inches so it will not be so tight on my shoulder. 
In real life the color of the fabric is somewhere between the yellow that the outside pictures portray and the white that the inside pictures portray.    
I moved the zipper pocket to the outside back.  I found that I like a pocket here on my bags.
The inside of both bags are the same.   They each have 4 slip pockets (2 on each side).

No comments:

Post a Comment