Thursday, June 12, 2014

The City Slicker by Chris W. Designs

Meet Ms. June from the Bag of the Month Club.  I can't believe that this is the last month!  I'm sad!  When the first of the month rolls around, in a few weeks, (sniff, sniff) there will be no "little bit of happiness" in my e-mail. 
This is the advanced version of the City Slicker Bag designed by Chris W. Designs.  It is the first time I've used a pattern from Chris W. Designs.  WOW!  What a great pattern!  There are so many details to the pattern.  If you don't want all the pictures....NO PROBLEM just go with the included text only version of the pattern.  If you are like me and sometimes would rather measure and cut your square or rectangle pieces instead of using a pattern piece...those dimensions are given, too. 
This is the front of the bag.  The brown and raspberry fabric are fabric I've had around for a while.  I've also had the print fabric, which is Blush by Basic Grey, several years.  I've been a HUGE Basic Grey fan from my paper crafting days. 
I wanted to use a darker color for the handles.  After I finished the outside of the bag, I thought it need another touch of the printed fabric for balance.  So, I added a sash that I tied into a bow. 
Here is the back of the bag. It  was my first time making a welt pocket.  The instructions on the pattern are clear.  I, however, decided to search for a video. I was having a mental block.  This is the video I watched.    I'd bought an online class to learn how to make welt pockets several months ago.  Do you think I turned to this class for info.?  NOPE!  Oh!  I'll get to it!  Just another thing I need to add to my "To Do" list.   :)
Here is the beautiful inside of the bag.  I LOVE all the pockets!  SO GREAT! 
This is also the first time that I've used something similar to  the By Annie's Soft and Stable.  I believe that's the name.   I have not been able to find the By Annie's foam.  I did finally find some auto headliner foam.  WOW!  What a difference!  Normally, I'd use really stiff interfacing that is NEVER easy to sew.  Especially on this bag!  I know my fingers would have been black and blue and scabbed over right now...maybe even invented a few new words.  I also  have to talk nice to my machine to get it to sew through all those thick heavy layers.   It was a dream to sew with this auto headliner foam! 
I LOVED having the "Bag of the Month Club."  I hope there will be another one sometime in the future.  Thank you to everyone that created the club and put it all together and to all the amazing designers that participated!  Through this club, I learned about some fabulous new (to me) bag designers.  I learned several new techniques, as well.  Thank you!
Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment