Monday, May 12, 2014

Agatha Bag

This is made with the Agatha Bag Pattern designed by Emma Brennan. It can be found in her book Making Vintage Accessories. 
I have always been a huge fan of all Emma Brennan's designs!  In fact, her patterns were some of the first bags I ever made.  I learned several bag making techniques from her patterns.  She has a web site (www.CharliesAunt.com) and an Etsy shop (www.CharliesAunt.Etsy.com.)
I made this bag in an afternoon...start to finish.  I have an event to go to and I want to take a smaller bag.  Since these bags are quick to make, I might have enough time to make another bag.  Of course it is out of different fabric.   I happened to have two fabrics that are the right color and style to go with a skirt I have in mind.  Then I will have to decide which goes best with my outfit.   :) 


This is the front of the bag.  That scallop detail is actually a working pocket.  I slipped my cell phone in there with no problem.  I'm not sure how well you can tell from the picture, but I also chose to use the wrong side of the fabric to make the scallop pocket.  Yes....I meant to do that.  :)     
 
This is the back of the bag.  For the handle, I used some faux leather that I had left over from a previous project.   
The inside of the bag.  I made a divided slip pocket.   

No comments:

Post a Comment