Saturday, October 5, 2013

HYCCT Day 5

HYCCT1305-Fighting in Pink Camo

Today's challenge is to use pink camo in a card.  "You can use pink camo ribbon, patterned paper, digital paper....or you can even make your own camo paper!!! I made my own background paper by stamping a solid image repetitively in many shades of pink ink!! It's that simple! You can also use a pink and black re-inker and swirl it on white ribbon or white flowers and make your own pink camo design!! "

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-f299/hycct1305-pink-camo-chat-thread-t579184.html#ixzz2gsmc2vBF
 
When I first read this challenge...I thought "the kids can't wear camouflage to school. Oh, wait...I'm making a card.  In that case.." :)  Then I kind of panicked a little.  I DON'T HAVE ANY CAMO!  Then the "stamping a solid image repetitively" finally hit home!  I can do this! 
The first solid stamp I thought of was this postage stamp that I've not used very much.  So, then the postage theme came to me.  I pulled out my postage themed stamps and got to work. 
This was a fun challenge!  I don't think I would have thought of this on my own. 
 
Supplies: 
Stamps:  Hero Arts-Shadow Stamps Scalloped Solid, Purple Onion Designs-stamp cancellation, Ma Vinci-Postage
Dies: Sizzix Sizzlets-Heart, Funky #2, Heart, Funky #3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment